Mittwoch, 16. August 2023

Feed forward instead of Feedback

 

The concept of feedback is as old as time. Marshall found a way to turn it around. Why is this?

When you give feedback:

·         You refer to the past.

·         The person receiving it tends to take it personally.

·         You can’t change anything that has already happened

On the other hand, “Feedforward” asks for a suggestion for the future. I want to improve in this area, give me two ideas that I could put into practice in the future. 

And this method can be used at home too:

·         “What can I do to be a better partner at home?

·         “What can I do to be a better parent? (I tried it with my children, and the answers are interesting)

·         “What can I do to be a better son?

I like the metaphor used by Marshall’s partner Frank Wagner.

The rearview mirror is tiny, the windshield is huge.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen